WAGPack stands for Website, Audio Graphics Package: This package began life as set of setups for my favorite media/editing software and "just Growed". If you have any doubts about them, read the reviews
If you want to build a website, using what you have here, you can go from scratch to the final upload. even if you are a newbie at it. Even if you are not interested in building, many of these programs will be useful
These came to me as freeware for strictly non-commercial use and I destribute them with that specific understanding.
If you wish to use these for commercial applications, contact the companies for either a commercial liscense or Professional versions, which are geared to commercial purposes. The only code I did was the Slideshow; adaptation for a music track and labelling of actionable parts ("[ ...]")
- Photos and images
- Create slideshows and screensavers (they make wonderful take-hme souvenirs), and aniGif's (animated gif) that can be used as avatars for some forums
- Create photo galleries and not need to be dependent on Photobucket and Flickr. The upload using a built-in FTP client
- Convert from most fileypes to mp3. convert right from YouTube to mp3
- Edit volume and tags for protable players and other reasons
- Record your own music
- get a first-rate audio file manager, player and DJ player
- Videoes: Download, Convert (choice of programs), edit and upload.
- Write the pages and build the site
- Upload to the site using a leading FTP client.
NOTE: This kind of power does not come in a small package. This is 136 MB and may take awhile.
This package consists of setups and templates for
I use most of these things myself and I'm no geek or even close. everything is pretty intuitive. When you see things like aniGifs and slideshows and try to figure out how they're done, it seems scarier than it is. When I found out how easy this was, I was blown away. If you can use wizards and toolbars, you've got these things knocked.
- a Javescript slideshow template with optional provsions for a music track. NOTE: the images and music track must be in the same folder as the slideshow page. You don't use it directly, You create a new text document then rename it to an HTML document, go to this template right-click/edit/right-click/Copy and close. Then go to the created, blank HTML document; Right-click/edit/paste and close and save, then come back and work on the HTML document via right-click/edit. I use Notepad as my defualt edit program since it gives me more control and less eyestrain. All actionable areas are lebelled
- Thingamablg:Rss reader and blogging software.
- the free version of IrfanView that enables you to, among other things like color depth, rotate, sharpen image...:
- convert graphic filetypes including ico (the icon filetype)
- create screensavers
- set GIF tranparency (used to make transparent backgrounds if you wish to superimpose the gif on a page background image) I believe it also does the same for PNG's
- get add-on plugins for full functionality (included)
- Even salvage disastrous photos to a servicable level.
- Gallery Wizard: Would you like to showcase your cool stuff in a photo gallery? Well, this wizard lets you do just that; create and arrange thumbnails that link to the page with the full size image which it also creates and then upload it all to your site with built-in FTP (21 is the usual default port) page filetype is .htm
- Corel-Ukead (a very good name in digital photography editiong software) 2.0 free version GIF Animator: uses wizards to create animated gifs by "layering" them in an aniGif metafile then optimizing this file. Review of other version
- MediaMonkey Audio file management system and a player, easy to use. Has Add-ons for increased functionality. Uses Replay Gain codecs to Analyze and Volume Level tracks so that they all sound at the same volume
- Combo V: VSTi virtual Vox Continental combo organ
- Audacity: very popular recording/mp3 output studio of sorts. Used and reccommended by LibriVox
- KRISTAL: Virutal 16-track recording studio: Mixer, Sequencer, Effects, mp3 output. 24 bit ASIO output compatible. Many functions
- PageBreeze: An entry level to intermediate level webpage/site creator/Editor; interchangeable HTML/WISYWIG editing
- SQ8l: VSTi Virtual Ensoniq SQ-80 Transwave (wavetable) synthesizer by Buchty. This 3 oscillator, 75 waveform (sampled), 3 LFO and 4 EG instrument was the "MiniMoog of the '90's" and still has a following.
- lame-enc.dll replaces the limited-lifetime file of the same name in MediaMonkey so that it will continue to covert other audio filetypes to MP3. To use; copy it and paste it in the MediaMonkey folder in Program files. If it dies again, simply replace. It is cheaper to keep replacing it than pay for MediaMonkey Gold
- AudioShell Adds to Popertis the ability to show and easily edit ID3 tags: audio trrack info; Title, Artist, Album, Genre that is used to catalog and display info. both individually and for an entire folder. to do the latter, go to the folder, Edit/select all, put your pointer on the highlighted area, righ-click select Properties then Tag Edit. Locate the attributes you want to change for the entire folder click on the checkboxes nest to them and they weill go live. Input the material then click OK. a progress bar will go across the bottom of the screen, when this is finished, check random tracks to see to it that the changes "took" across the entire set. Thne click OK. I foxed this one out on my own. The idea of changing the same attributes on some 640 mp3's one at a time was so daunting that it motivated me to see if I could find or devise a quick fix batch process trick and I guessed righ.
- MP3Gain. equalizes the volume for all the tracks in an album (folder) to within 1.5 db. After you call up the program use the toolbar to "add Folder" then find and select the folder of material you want to equalize the volume in. then "Album Analyze" and wait for that process to finish. then go to Modify Gain in the top bar and rightclick then left click on track volume. two pregress bars will display at the bottom of the screen one will indicate the work on each track and the other the work on the album.
- FileZilla: Popular FTP, transfers fles from one machine to another, using the File Transfer Protocol. Used mostly to upload large amounts of files to a server. Most servers have an FTP address that they list and the "port" is usually a default value of 21 and you pretty much choose your own username and password. Recommended by the creators of the in-browser FireFox FireFTP for thsoe who cannot use FireFTP. Also downloads from a server. Get FIREFOX and FireFTP, which is even better in many ways
- NCH Prism (free non-commercial version) convert vide file types (AVI, FLV, etc)
- Video4fuze sets up videos, photos ans playlists for use in SanDisk Sansa Fuze I got this directly from the SanDisk forum where it is reccommended over the SanDisk Media Coverter, which is pretty good too
- Freemake Video Converter:
- Convert video formats/filetypes
- cut and join videoes
- create visualizations
- Convert YouTube Vids to MP3 audios
- Freemake Video Downloader: Speaks for itself. When you install it and come to the folder anme. change "Freemaker" to "Freemake1" or it will try to remove Video Coverter.
- DVD Video Soft FreeStudio: A group of prgrams that:
- Convert audio filetypes form one to the other
- Audio CD to MP3 converter
- 23 MORE
Here is a neat trick that you can do with aniGif's. you can have a backgournd that changes color while the main image also changes. The way to do this is first create gif's of the colors you want and use them for the layers in an aniGif metafile which we will call here "colors.gif". Then create the main aniGif that will be the focus of attention. then write the page but make this change in the BODY tag: Instead of "bgcolor=" you use "background="colors.gif". this can be a small image since the browser will tile it and all of them will change in the same way at the same time. This is good because small gif metafiles are more efficient. Then put the main image how you want it.
Most of these are "exe" and use the setup wizard. SLIDESHOW is a template and the others are fairly simple to install. Also, Most of these programs link to their home sites so you can check for updates